Unity 5.x Animation Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in June 2016. This book has 363 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785883910.
This recipe-based practical guide will show you how to unleash the power of animation in Unity 5.0 and make your games visually impeccable. Our primary focus is on showing you tools and techniques to animate not only humanoid biped characters, but other UI elements. This includes character animation, game world creation, and other key features such as opening doors, changing lights, transitioning to different scenes, and more.
While discussing these topics, the book will focus on mecanim, the Unity 3D animation tool and how you can use it to perform all these tasks efficiently and quickly. By the end of this book, you will be confident and self-sufficient in animating your unity 3D games efficiently
What you will learn
- Prepare animations to be imported and exported
- Work with different animation assets and components
- Create, visualize, and edit animated creatures
- Create a game by animating cut scenes
- Design character action and expressions