VMware vRealize Orchestrator Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in October 2015. This book has 162 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785884245.
The automation of virtual environments has become the focus of many endeavors. VMware vRealize Orchestrator is a tool that enables you to automate not only your VMware environments, but also the surrounding hardware and software infrastructure. Orchestrator is also a central tool in the VMware cloud initiative and is extensively used by products such as vRealize Automation.
In this book, you will learn how Orchestrator is able to help you automate your complete VMware infrastructure as well as its surrounding hardware and software. After deploying and configuring the vRealize Orchestrator appliance, you will learn how to run the existing workflows that are a part of the Orchestrator library. You will also see how the vSphere Web Client integration of Orchestrator reduces the time you spend on your daily admin tasks.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with the Orchestrator architecture and Explore how plugins can expand Orchestrator’s capabilitiesExplore how plug-ins can expand Orchestrator’s capabilities
- Deploy and configure the vRealize Orchestrator appliance
- Schedule and run workflows using the vSphere Web Client
- Create your own workflows with minimal work
- Use workflow presentations to improve your automation projects
- Debug your workflows for errors and fix them
- Learn how to create, import, and export packages, to enable easy exchange solutions with others
Who This Book Is For
This book is for VMware vSphere administrators who have minimal experience with automation tools and want to learn how to effectively automate their environment with VMware vRealize Orchestrator. A basic understanding of the VMware vSphere terms and concepts would be helpful.