OpenStack Administration with Ansible is published by Packt Publishing in January 2016. This book has 218 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785884610.
Most organizations are seeking methods to improve business agility because they have realized just having a cloud is not enough. Being able to improve application deployments, reduce infrastructure downtime, and eliminate daily manual tasks can only be accomplished through some sort of automation.
Packed with real-world OpenStack administrative tasks, this book will walk you through working examples and explain how these tasks can be automated using one of the most popular open source automation tools―Ansible.
We will start with a brief overview of OpenStack and Ansible and highlight some best practices. Each chapter will provide an introduction to handling various Cloud Operator administration tasks such as creating multiple users/tenants, setting up Multi-Tenant Isolation, customizing your clouds quotas, taking instance snapshots, evacuating compute hosts for maintenance, and running cloud health checks, and a step-by-step tutorial on how to automate these tasks with Ansible.
What you will learn
- Efficiently execute OpenStack administrative tasks
- Familiarize yourself with how Ansible works and assess the defined best practices
- Create Ansible playbooks and roles
- Automate tasks to customize your OpenStack cloud
- Review OpenStack automation considerations when automating administrative tasks
- Examine and automate advanced OpenStack tasks and designated use cases
- Get a high-level overview of OpenStack and the current production-ready projects
- Deep dive into OpenStack CLI tools and find out how to use them