OpenStack Sahara Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in April 2016. This book has 178 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785885969.
The Sahara project is a module that aims to simplify the building of data processing capabilities on OpenStack.
The goal of this book is to provide a focused, fast paced guide to installing, configuring, and getting started with integrating Hadoop with OpenStack, using Sahara.
The book should explain to users how to deploy their data-intensive Hadoop and Spark clusters on top of OpenStack. It will also cover how to use the Sahara REST API, how to develop applications for Elastic Data Processing on Openstack, and setting up hadoop or spark clusters on Openstack.
What you will learn
- Integrate and Install Sahara with OpenStack environment
- Learn Sahara architecture under the hood
- Rapidly configure and scale Hadoop clusters on top of OpenStack
- Explore the Sahara REST API to create, deploy and manage a Hadoop cluster
- Learn the Elastic Processing Data (EDP) facility to execute jobs in clusters from Sahara
- Cover other Hadoop stable plugins existing supported by Sahara
- Discover different features provided by Sahara for Hadoop provisioning and deployment
- Learn how to troubleshoot OpenStack Sahara issues