Magento 2 Developers Guide is published by Packt Publishing in April 2016. This book has 236 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785886584.
Magento is one of the most exciting, flexible, and customizable e-commerce systems. It offers you an extensive suite of powerful tools for creating and managing an online store. After years of development, Magento 2 introduces itself with a strong emphasis on modularity, Web API’s, automated testing and overall new technology stack platform. The long-awaited Magento 2 release introduces a whole new e-commerce platform to develop online stores. The all new Magento 2 architecture, Web APIs, and a host of other features are equally challenging to master as much as they are exciting to use.
This book will ease the learning curve by offering step-by-step guidance on how to extend the core functionality of your Magento 2 store.
This book is your one-stop guide to build and customize a quality e-commerce website from the latest version of one of the largest, fastest growing, and most popular e-commerce platforms―Magento 2.
We start off with an introduction to the fundamental concepts of Magento to give you a foundation to work from. We then move on to configure the development and basic production environment for Magento. After this, you’ll get to grips with the major concepts and conventions that are new to the Magento 2 platform. We then delve deeper to get to the core of automated deployments, persisting data, writing data fixture scripts and applying various backend and frontend modifications. As we near the end of the book, you will learn to make API calls and write automated tests. Finally, you will be guided through building a full-blown helpdesk module from scratch.
By the end of this book, you will have learned a wide range of techniques to extend and customize your Magento 2 store to fit the requirements of your business.
What You Will Learn
- Set up the development and production environment of Magento 2
- Understand the new major concepts and conventions used in Magento 2
- Build a miniature yet fully-functional module from scratch to manage your e-commerce platform efficiently
- Write models and collections to manage and search your entity data
- Dive into backend development such as creating events, observers, cron jobs, logging, profiling, and messaging features
- Get to the core of frontend development such as blocks, templates, layouts, and the themes of Magento 2
- Use token, session, and Oauth token-based authentication via various flavors of API calls, as well as creating your own APIs
- Get to grips with testing Magento modules and custom themes, which forms an integral part of development
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended primarily for intermediate to professional-level PHP developers who are interested in Magento development. For backend developers, several topics are covered that will enable you to modify and extend your Magento 2 store. Frontend developers will also find some coverage on how to customize the look of the site in the frontend.