Building Apple Watch Projects is published by Packt Publishing in February 2016. This book has 298 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785887369.
With Apple’s eagerly anticipated entry into the wearable arena, the field is wide open for a new era of app development. The Apple Watch is one of the most important technologies of our time.
This easy-to-understand book takes beginners on a delightful journey of discovering the features available to the developer, right up to the completion of medium-level projects ready for App Store submission. It provides the fastest way to develop real-world apps for the Apple Watch by teaching you the concepts of Watch UI, visual haptic and audio, message and data exchange between watch and phone, Web communication, and finally Visual, haptic as well as audio feedback for users.
By the end of this book, you will have developed at least four fully functioning apps for deployment on watchOS 2.
What you will learn
- Understand the concept of the Apple Watch as an autonomous device as well as it being paired with the iPhone
- Get your app up and running
- Design exciting, inspiring, and attractive layouts for your apps
- Make your user interface more engaging using images and animation
- Enable your Watch and iPhone apps to transport and share data
- Leverage the feature-rich set of WatchKit technologies provided by Apple
- Connect your apps to the Internet
- Submit your app to the App Store