Mastering Ceph is published by Packt Publishing in May 2017. This book has 240 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785888786.
Mastering Ceph covers all that you need to know to use Ceph effectively. Starting with design goals and planning steps that should be undertaken to ensure successful deployments, you will be guided through to setting up and deploying the Ceph cluster, with the help of orchestration tools. Key areas of Ceph including Bluestore, Erasure coding and cache tiering will be covered with help of examples. Development of applications which use Librados and Distributed computations with shared object classes are also covered. A section on tuning will take you through the process of optimisizing both Ceph and its supporting infrastructure. Finally, you will learn to troubleshoot issues and handle various scenarios where Ceph is likely not to recover on its own.
By the end of the book, you will be able to successfully deploy and operate a resilient high performance Ceph cluster.
What you will learn
- Know when and how to use some of Ceph’s advanced new features
- Set up a test cluster with Ansible and some virtual machines using VirtualBox and Vagrant
- Develop novel solutions to massive problems with librados and shared object classes.
- Choose intelligent parameters for an erasure coded pool and set it up.
- Configure the Bluestore settings and see how they interact with different hardware configurations.
- Keep Ceph running through thick and thin with tuning, monitoring and disaster recovery advice.