FreeSWITCH 1.8 is published by Packt Publishing in July 2017. This book has 378 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1785889134.
FreeSWITCH is an open source telephony platform designed to facilitate the creation of voice and chat-driven products, scaling from a soft-phone to a PBX and even up to an enterprise-class soft-switch. This book introduces FreeSWITCH to IT professionals who want to build their own telephony system.
This book starts with a brief introduction to the latest version of FreeSWITCH. We then move on to the fundamentals and the new features added in version 1.6, showing you how to set up a basic system so you can make and receive phone calls, make calls between extensions, and utilize basic PBX functionality.
Once you have a basic system in place, we’ll show you how to add more and more functionalities to it. You’ll learn to deploy the features on the system using unique techniques and tips to make it work better.
Also, there are changes in the security-related components, which will affect the content in the book, so we will make that intact with the latest version. There are new support libraries introduced, such as SQLite, OpenSS, and more, which will make FreeSWITCH more efficient and add more functions to it. We’ll cover these in the new edition to make it more appealing for you.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for beginner-level IT professionals and enthusiasts who are interested in quickly getting a powerful telephony system up and running using FreeSWITCH. It would be good if you have some telephony experience, but it’s not a must.
What You Will Learn
- Build a complete WebRTC/SIP VoIP platform able to interconnect and process audio and video in real time
- Use advanced PBX features to create powerful dialplans
- Understand the inner workings and architecture of FreeSWITCH
- Real time configuration from database and webserver with mod_xml_curl
- Integrate browser clients into your telephony service
- Use scripting to go beyond the dialplan with the power and flexibility of a programming language
- Secure your FreeSWITCH connections with the help of effective techniques
- Deploy all FreeSWITCH features using best practices and expert tips
- Overcome frustrating NAT issues
- Control FreeSWITCH remotely with the all-powerful event socket
- Trace packets, check debug logging, ask for community and commercial help