Flux Architecture is published by Packt Publishing in May 2016. This book has 352 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1786465818.
Whilst React has become Facebook’s poster-child for clean, complex, and modern web development, it has quietly been underpinned by its simplicity. It’s just a view. The real beauty in React is actually the architectural pattern that handles data in and out of React applications: Flux. With Flux, you’re able to build data-rich applications that engage your users, and scale to meet every demand. It is a key part of the Facebook technology stack that serves billions of users every day.
This book will start by introducing the Flux pattern and help you get an understanding of what it is and how it works. After this, we’ll build real-world React applications that highlight the power and simplicity of Flux in action. Finally, we look at the landscape of Flux and explore the Alt and Redux libraries that make React and Flux developments easier.
Filled with fully-worked examples and code-first explanations, by the end of the book, you’ll not only have a rock solid understanding of the architecture, but will be ready to implement Flux architecture in anger.
What you will learn
- Understand the Flux pattern and how it will impact your React applications
- Build real-world applications that rely on Flux
- Handle asynchronous actions in your application
- Implement immutable stores with Immutable.js
- Replace React.js with alternate View components such as jQuery and Handlebars
- Test and benchmark your Flux architecture using Jest―Facebook’s enhancement of the Jasmine library