Implementing Modern DevOps is published by Packt Publishing in December 2017. This book has 351 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1786466877.
This book follows a unique approach to modern DevOps using cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Ansible, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform.
This book starts by explaining the organizational alignment that has to happen in every company that wants to implement DevOps in order to be effective, and the use of cloud datacenters in combination with the most advanced DevOps tools to get the best out of a small team of skilled engineers. It also delves into how to use Kubernetes to run your applications in Google Cloud Platform, minimizing the friction and hassle of maintaining a cluster but ensuring its high availability.
By the end of this book, you will be able to realign teams in your company and create a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Kubernetes and Docker. With strong monitoring in place, you will also be able to react to adverse events in your system, minimizing downtime and improving the overall up-time and stability of your system.
What you will learn
- Master development best practices.
- Understand how the Agile Delivery Methodology helps you ensure accuracy and quality.
- Analyze branching strategies such as branch creation, merging, and synchronization.
- Learn to automate builds to deploy and deliver code faster and more often
- Explore testing frameworks and how to automate testing
- Learn to put specific metrics in place to measure ROI of DevOps and monitor logs and events in a system