Building Modern Networks is published by Packt Publishing in October 2017. This book has 400 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1786466976.
As IT infrastructures become more software-defined, networking operations tend to be more automated with falling levels of manual configuration at the hardware level. Building Modern Networks will brush up your knowledge on the modern networking concepts and help you apply them to your software-defined infrastructure.
In this book you’ll gain the knowledge necessary to evaluate, choose, and deploy a next generation network design. We will cover open and closed network operating systems (NOS) along with the protocols used to control them such as OpenFlow, Thrift, Opflex, and REST. You will also learn about traffic engineering and security concepts for NGNs. You will also find out how to fine-tune your network using QoS and QoE.
By the end of the book, you’ll be well versed in simplifying the way you design, build, operate, and troubleshoot your network.
What you will learn
- Understand Traditional Network Challenges to match modern applications requirements
- Find out all about Next Generation Networks (NGN)
- Explore the different APIs used to control NGN devices
- Understand the different software controllers available to manage NGN hardware
- Design a next generation network