Moodle 3.x Developer’s Guide [Books + Code] is published by Packt Publishing in June 2017. This book has 368 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1786467119.
The new and revamped Moodle is the top choice for developers to create cutting edge e-learning apps that cater to different user’s segments and are visually appealing as well.
This book explains how the Moodle 3.x platform provides a framework that allows developers to create a customized e-learning solution. It begins with an exploration of the different types of plugin..
We then continue with an investigation of creating new courses. You will create a custom plugin that pulls in resources from a third-party repository. Then you’ll learn how users can be assigned to courses and granted the necessary permissions.
Furthermore, you will develop a custom user home. At the end of the book, we’ll discuss the Web Services API to fully automate Moodle 3.x in real time.
What you will learn
- Work with the different types of custom modules that can be written for Moodle 3.x
- Understand how to author custom modules so they conform to the agreed Moodle 3.x development guidelines
- Get familiar with the Moodle 3.x architecture-its internal and external APIs
- Customize Moodle 3.x so it can integrate seamlessly with third-party applications of any kind
- Build a new course format to specify the layout of a course
- Implement third-party graphics libraries in your plugins
- Build plugins that can be themed easily
- Provide custom APIs that will provide the means to automate Moodle 3 in real time