Mastering AWS Lambda is published by Packt Publishing in August 2017. This book has 300 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1786467690.
AWS is recognized as one of the biggest market leaders for cloud computing and why not? It has evolved a lot since the time it started out by providing just basic services such as EC2 and S3 and today; they go all the way from IoT to Machine Learning, Image recognition, Chatbot Frameworks, and much more! One of those recent services that is also gaining a lot of traction is AWS Lambda! Although seemingly simple and easy to use, Lambda is a highly effective and scalable compute service that provides developers with a powerful platform to design and develop Serverless event-driven systems and applications.
The book begins with a high-level introduction into the world of Serverless computing and its advantages and use cases, followed by a deep dive into AWS Lambda! You’ll learn what services AWS Lambda provides to developers; how to design, write, and test Lambda functions; as well as monitor and troubleshoot them. The book is designed and accompanied with a vast variety of real-world examples, use cases, and code samples that will enable you to get started on your Serverless applications quickly.
By the end of the book, you will have gained all the skills required to work with AWS Lambda services!
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Cloud administrator and/or developer who wishes to explore, learn, and leverage AWS Lambda to design, build, and deploy Serverless applications in the cloud, then this is the book for you! The book assumes you have some prior knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS core services such as EC2, IAM, S3, along with the knowledge to work with any popular programming language such as Node.Js, Java, C#, and so on.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the hype, significance, and business benefits of Serverless computing and applications
- Plunge into the Serverless world of AWS Lambda and master its core components and how it works
- Find out how to effectively and efficiently design, develop, and test Lambda functions using Node.js, along with some keen coding insights and best practices
- Explore best practices to effectively monitor and troubleshoot Serverless applications using AWS CloudWatch and other third-party services in the form of Datadog and Loggly
- Quickly design and develop Serverless applications by leveraging AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, and API Gateway using the Serverless Application Framework (SAF) and other AWS services such as Step Functions
- Explore a rich variety of real-world Serverless use cases with Lambda and see how you can apply it to your environments