Docker and Kubernetes for Java Developers is published by Packt Publishing in October 2017. This book has 323 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1786468390.
Imagine creating and testing Java EE applications on Apache Tomcat Server or Wildfly Application server in minutes along with deploying and managing Java applications swiftly. Sounds too good to be true? But you have a reason to cheer as such scenarios are only possible by leveraging Docker and Kubernetes.
This book will start by introducing Docker and delve deep into its networking and persistent storage concepts. You will then proceed to learn how to refactor monolith application into separate services by building an application and then packaging it into Docker containers. Next, you will create an image containing Java Enterprise Application and later run it using Docker. Moving on, the book will focus on Kubernetes and its features and you will learn to deploy a Java application to Kubernetes using Maven and monitor a Java application in production. By the end of the book, you will get hands-on with some more advanced topics to further extend your knowledge about Docker and Kubernetes.
What you will learn
- Package Java applications into Docker images
- Understand the running of containers locally
- Explore development and deployment options with Docker
- Integrate Docker into Maven builds
- Manage and monitor Java applications running on Kubernetes clusters
- Create Continuous Delivery pipelines for Java applications deployed to Kubernetes