Distributed Computing in Java 9 [Books + Code] is published by Packt Publishing in June 2017. This book has 304 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787126992.
Distributed computing is the concept with which a bigger computation process is accomplished by splitting it into multiple smaller logical activities and performed by diverse systems, resulting in maximized performance in lower infrastructure investment. This book will teach you how to improve the performance of traditional applications through the usage of parallelism and optimized resource utilization in Java 9.
After a brief introduction to the fundamentals of distributed and parallel computing, the book moves on to explain different ways of communicating with remote systems/objects in a distributed architecture. You will learn about asynchronous messaging with enterprise integration and related patterns, and how to handle large amount of data using HPC and implement distributed computing for databases.
Moving on, it explains how to deploy distributed applications on different cloud platforms and self-contained application development. You will also learn about big data technologies and understand how they contribute to distributed computing. The book concludes with the detailed coverage of testing, debugging, troubleshooting, and security aspects of distributed applications so the programs you build are robust, efficient, and secure.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic concepts of parallel and distributed computing/programming
- Achieve performance improvement using parallel processing, multithreading, concurrency, memory sharing, and hpc cluster computing
- Get an in-depth understanding of Enterprise Messaging concepts with Java Messaging Service and Web Services in the context of Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Work with Distributed Database technologies
- Understand how to develop and deploy a distributed application on different cloud platforms including Amazon Web Service and Docker CaaS Concepts
- Explore big data technologies
- Effectively test and debug distributed systems
- Gain thorough knowledge of security standards for distributed applications including two-way Secure Socket Layer