ServiceNow Application Development is published by Packt Publishing in October 2017. This book has 434 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787128712.
ServiceNow provides service management for every department in the enterprise, including IT, Human Resources, Facilities, Field Service, and more.
This book focuses on all the steps required to develop apps and workflows for any of your business requirements using ServiceNow. You will start with the first module, which covers the basics of ServiceNow and how applications are structured; how you can customize the dashboard as required; and also how to create users. After you get used to the dashboard, you will move on to the next module, Applications and Tables, where you will learn about working with different tables and how you can create a scope other than the global scope for your application. The next module is Scripting and APIs, where you will learn Scripting in ServiceNow and use powerful APIs to develop applications. The final module, Administration Essentials, covers debugging, advanced database features, and scheduled script creation.
By the end of the book you will have mastered creating organized and customer-friendly applications
What you will learn
- Customize the ServiceNow dashboard to meet your business requirements
- Use Administration and Security Controls to add roles and ensure proper access
- Manage tables and columns using data dictionaries
- Learn how application scopes are defined within ServiceNow
- Design and create workflows for task tables.
- Use debugging techniques available in ServiceNow to easily resolve script-related issues
- Run scripts on a regular time interval Using Scheduled Script Execution module