Boost C++ Application Development Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in October 2017. This book has 463 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787282247.
If you want to take advantage of the real power of Boost and C++ and avoid the confusion about which library to use in which situation, then this book is for you.
Beginning with the basics of Boost C++, you will move on to learn how the Boost libraries simplify application development. You will learn to convert data such as string to numbers, numbers to string,
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers looking to improve their knowledge of Boost and who would like to simplify their application development processes. Prior C++ knowledge and basic knowledge of the standard library is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Get familiar with new data types for everyday use
- Use smart pointers to manage resources
- Get to grips with compile-time computations and assertions
- Use Boost libraries for multithreading
- Learn about parallel execution of different task
- Perform common string-related tasks using Boost libraries
- Split all the processes, computations, and interactions to tasks and process them independently
- Learn the basics of working with graphs, stacktracing, testing and interprocess communications
- Explore different helper macros used to detect compiler, platform and Boost features