Java 9 with JShell is published by Packt Publishing in April 2017. This book has 421 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787282841.
The release of Java 9 has brought many subtle and not-so-subtle changes to the way in which Java programmers approach their code. The most important ones are definitely the availability of a REPL, known as JShell, which will make experiments and prototyping much more straightforward than the old IDE-based project-led approach. Another, more subtle change can be seen in the module system, which will lead to more modularized, maintainable code. The techniques to take full advantage of object-oriented code, functional programming and the new modularity features in Java 9 form the main subjects of this book.
Each chapter will add to the full picture of Java 9 programming starting out with classes and instances and ending with generics and modularity in Java.
What you will learn
- Engage with object-oriented programming in Java 9, starting with code snippets in JShell
- Optimize your code, applying functional programming features
- Discover the advantages of modularity
- Become very proficient at using JShell itself
- Learn the new approach to Java programming, which uses the REPL as a prototyping tool