Building Web Apps with Spring 5 and Angular is published by Packt Publishing in September 2017. This book has 370 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787284661.
Spring is the most popular application development framework being adopted by millions of developers around the world to create high performing, easily testable, reusable code. Its lightweight nature and extensibility helps you write robust and highly-scalable server-side web applications. Coupled with the power and efficiency of Angular, creating web applications has never been easier.
If you want build end-to-end modern web application using Spring and Angular, then this book is for you.
The book directly heads to show you how to create the backend with Spring, showing you how to configure the Spring MVC and handle Web requests. It will take you through the key aspects such as building REST API endpoints, using Hibernate, working with Junit 5 etc. Once you have secured and tested the backend, we will go ahead and start working on the front end with Angular. You will learn about fundamentals of Angular and Typescript and create an SPA using components, routing etc. Finally, you will see how to integrate both the applications with REST protocol and deploy the application using tools such as Jenkins and Docker.
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted towards Java Web Developers with a basic knowledge of Spring who want to build complete web applications in a fast and effective way. They will want to gain a stronghold on both frontend and backend development to advance in their careers.
What You Will Learn
- Set up development environment for Spring Web App and Angular app.
- Process web request and response and build REST API endpoints.
- Create data access components using Spring Web MVC framework and Hibernate
- Use Junit 5 to test your application
- Learn the fundamental concepts around building Angular
- Configure and use Routes and Components.
- Protect Angular app content from common web vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Integrate Angular apps with Spring Boot Web API endpoints
- Deploy the web application based on CI and CD using Jenkins and Docker containers