C# 7 and .NET Core Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in April 2017. This book has 628 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787286276.
C# has recently been open-sourced and C# 7 comes with a host of new features for building powerful, cross-platform applications.
This book will be your solution to some common programming problems that you come across with C# and will also help you get started with .NET Core 1.1. Through a recipe-based approach, this book will help you overcome common programming challenges and get your applications ready to face the modern world.
We start by running you through new features in C# 7, such as tuples, pattern matching, and so on, giving you hands-on experience with them. Moving forward, you will work with generics and the OOP features in C#. You will then move on to more advanced topics, such as reactive extensions, Regex, code analyzers, and asynchronous programming. This book will also cover new, cross-platform .NET Core 1.1 features and teach you how to utilize .NET Core on macOS. Then, we will explore microservices as well as serverless computing and how these benefit modern developers. Finally, you will learn what you can do with Visual Studio 2017 to put mobile application development across multiple platforms within the reach of any developer.
What you will learn
- Writing better and less code to achieve the same result as in previous versions of C#
- Working with analyzers in Visual Studio
- Working with files, streams, and serialization
- Writing high-performant code in C# and understanding multi-threading
- Demystifying the Rx library using Reactive extensions
- Exploring .Net Core 1.1 and ASP.NET MVC
- Securing your applications and learning new debugging techniques
- Designing and building a microservice architecture
- Using Azure and AWS for serverless computing with C#