Taming Big Data with Apache Spark and Python [Books + Code] is published by Packt Publishing in July 2017. This book has 81 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787287945.
Apache Spark has emerged as the next big thing in the Big Data domain – quickly rising from an ascending technology to an established superstar in just a matter of years. Spark allows you to quickly extract actionable insights from large amounts of data, on a real-time basis. This book is your companion to learn Apache Spark in a hands-on manner. Start with understanding how to set up Spark on a single system or on a cluster. From analyzing large data sets using Spark RDD to developing and running effective Spark jobs quickly using Python, this course will teach you everything. Packed with over 15 interactive, fun-filled examples relevant to the real-world, the course will empower you to understand the Spark ecosystem and implement production-grade real-time Spark projects with ease.
What you will learn
- Learn how you can identify the Big Data problems as Spark problems
- Install and run Apache Spark on your computer or on a cluster
- Analyze large data sets across many CPUs using Spark’s Resilient Distributed Datasets
- Implement machine learning on Spark using the MLlib library
- Process continuos streams of data in real time using the Spark streaming module
- Perform complex network analysis using Spark’s GraphX library
- Use Amazon’s Elastic MapReduce service to run your Spark jobs on a cluster