Android things Projects [Books + Code] is published by Packt Publishing in July 2017. This book has 239 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1787289246.
With this book, you will be able to take advantage of the new Android framework APIs to securely build projects using low-level components like sensors, resistors, capacitors and display controllers. This book will teach you all that you need to know about working with Android things through practical projects based on Home automation, Robotics, IoT and so on. This book will teach you to make the most of the Android things and build enticing projects like Smart Greenhouse that control the climate and environment automatically, create an alarm system, integrate Android Things with IoT cloud platforms and so on.
By the end of this book, you will know everything about the Android Things, and you’ll have built some very cool projects using the latest technology that is driving the adoption of IoT. You will also have primed your mindset so that you can use your knowledge for profitable, practical projects.
What you will learn
- Understand IoT ecosystem and the Android Things role
- Describe Android Things framework: installation, environment, SDK, APIs
- Learn how to effectively use sensors (GPIO, I2C Bus)
- Integrate Android Things with IoT cloud platforms
- Create practical IoT project using Android Things
- Integrate Android Things with other systems using standard IoT protocols
- Use Android Things in IoT projects