Linux: Powerful Server Administration is published by Packt Publishing in May 2017. This book has 994 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1788293778.
Linux servers are frequently selected over other server operating systems for their stability, security and flexibility advantages.This Learning Path will teach you how to get up and running with three of the most popular Linux server distros: Ubuntu Server, CentOS 7 Server, and RHEL 7 Server. We will begin with the Ubuntu Server and show you how to make the most of Ubuntu’s advanced functionalities. Moving on, we will provide you with all the knowledge that will give you access to the inner workings of the latest CentOS version 7. Finally, touching RHEL 7, we will provide you with solutions to common RHEL 7 Server challenges.This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
1) Ubuntu Server Cookbook
2) CentOS 7 Linux Server Cookbook, Second Edition
3) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Cookbook
Who This Book Is For
This Learning Path is intended for system administrators with a basic understanding of Linux operating systems and written with the novice-to-intermediate Linux user in mind. To get the most of this Learning Path, you should have a working knowledge of basic system administration and management tools.
What You Will Learn
- Set up high performance, scalable, and fault-tolerant back ends with web and database servers
- Facilitate team communication with a real-time chat service and collaboration tools
- Monitor, manage and develop your server’s file system to maintain a stable performance
- Gain best practice methods on sharing files and resources through a network
- Install and configure common standard services such as web, mail, FTP, database and domain name server technologies
- Create kickstart scripts to automatically deploy RHEL 7 systems
- Use Orchestration and configuration management tools to manage your environment