Cross-platform Desktop Application Development is published by Packt Publishing in September 2017. This book has 322 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1788295697.
As the second application you will build a chat-system example implemented with Electron and React. While developing the chat app, you will get Photonkit. Next, you will create a screen capturer with NW.JS, React, and Redux.
Finally, you will examine an RSS-reader built with TypeScript, React, Redux, and Electron. Generic UI components will be reused from the React MDL library. By the end of the book, you will have built four desktop apps. You will have covered everything from planning, designing, and development to the enhancement, testing, and delivery of these apps.
What you will learn
- Plan, design, and develop different cross-platform desktop apps
- Application architecture with React and local state
- Application architecture with React and Redux store
- Code design with TypeScript interfaces and specialized types
- CSS and component libraries such as Photonkit, Material UI, and React MDL
- HTML5 APIs such as desktop notifications, WebSockets, WebRTC, and others
- Desktop environment integration APIs of NW.js and Electron
- Package and distribute for NW.JS and Electron