Mastering ArcGIS Enterprise Administration is published by Packt Publishing in February 2018. This book has 212 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1788297493.
ArcGIS Enterprise, the next evolution of the ArcGIS Server product line, is a full-featured mapping and analytics platform. It includes a powerful GIS web services server and a dedicated Web GIS infrastructure for organizing and sharing your work. You will learn how to plan, analyze, design, and finally publish and consume GIS services from various platforms.
This book starts off with explaining how ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 is different from earlier versions of ArcGIS (for) Server with installation of all the components required for ArcGIS Enterprise. We then move on to Geodatabase Administration & Content Publication where you will learn to use ArcGIS Server Manager to view the server logs, stop and start services, publish service definitions, define users and roles for security, and perform other administrative tasks. You will also learn how to apply multiple security mechanisms on ArcGIS for Server and safely expose the services to the public in a secure manner. Finally, you’ll use the REST-ful administrator API that allows you to automate server management tasks using the Python scripting language. Finally, you will learn all the best practices and troubleshooting methods to streamline management of all the interconnected parts of ArcGIS Enterprise.
What you will learn
- Effectively install and configure ArcGIS Enterprise, including the enterprise geodatabase, ArcGIS Server, and Portal for ArcGIS.
- Abstract different methodologies to manage and publish services
- Utilize different security methods available in ArcGIS Enterprise
- Use Python and Python libraries from Esri to automate the tedious tasks.
- Identify the common pitfalls and errors to get your system back up and running quickly from an outage.