Puppet: Mastering Infrastructure Automation is published by Packt Publishing in June 2017. This book has 796 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1788399708.
Puppet is a configuration management tool that allows you to automate all your IT configurations, giving you control. It was written for and by system administrators to manage large numbers of systems efficiently and prevent configuration drifts. Puppet gives you control of what you do to each node, when you do it, and how you do it.This Learning Path will take you from the basics of Puppet to extending it and then mastering it. We will start off with a primer on Puppet, its installation and get a sneak peek under its hood. We will then move on to designing and deploying your Puppet architecture, learning best practices for writing reusable and maintainable code, and executing, testing, and deploying Puppet across your systems. Finally, we will deal with problems of scale and exceptions in your code, automate workflows, and support multiple developers working simultaneously.This course is based on the following books:
- Puppet 4 Essentials – Second Edition
- Extending Puppet – Second Edition
- Mastering Puppet – Second Edition
Who This Book Is For
If you’re an experienced IT professional and a new Puppet user, this course will provide you with all you need to know to go from installation to advanced automation.
What You Will Learn
- Write and employ individual Puppet manifests
- Understand how Puppet implements system abstraction
- Use Puppet to manage network, cloud, and virtualization devices
- Manage and test the Puppet code workflow
- Tweak, hack, and adapt the Puppet extension points
- Use exported resources to orchestrate change between machines
- Debug a puppetserver using Java techniques