Jenkins Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in June 2017. This book has 280 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1788471060.
In agile development practices, developers need to integrate their work frequently to fix bugs or to create a new feature or functionality. Jenkins is used specifically for Continuous Integration, helping to enforce the principles of agile development. This book focuses on the latest and stable release of Jenkins (2.5 and later), featuring the latest features, such as Pipeline as Code, the new setup experience, and the improved UI. With the all-new Pipeline as Code feature, you will be able to build simple or advanced pipelines easily and rapidly, hence improving your teams’ productivity.
This book begins by tackling the installation of the necessary software dependencies and libraries you’ll need to perform Continuous Integration for a Java application. From there, you’ll integrate code repositories, applications, and build tools for the implementation of Continuous Integration.
Finally, you will also learn how to automate your deployment on cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure, along with a few advanced testing techniques.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the challenges faced by developer communities
- Learn about Continuous Integration and how it helps build various Java applications
- Facilitate the installation and configuration of Jenkins
- Install and configure code repositories and build tools
- Learn about the integration of Eclipse with Jenkins
- Manage the integration of Jenkins, code repositories, and build tools
- Familiarize yourself with Continuous Integration for Java applications with unit test execution and static code analysis
- Learn about Continuous Delivery and how to deploy applications in AWS and Microsoft Azure