Bazaar Version Control is published by Packt Publishing in June 2013. This book has 402 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849513562.
Bazaar is a version control system that enables you to track your changes, browse the history of revisions, or revert to a previous state with ease. You can benefit greatly from the principles and practical uses of version control with Bazaar in any software project.
This book will walk you through the principles and basic and advanced operations of version control, taking a step-by-step approach covering increasingly complex topics and situations of collaboration. Packed with examples, the book aims to give you a thorough understanding of the subject in order to get you fully comfortable using this powerful, highly intuitive and consistent tool in any project and workflow thrown at you.
The book starts by introducing the fundamentals of version control to first-time users. After explaining the basic principles, we dive into action covering the various operations and workflows of version control using Bazaar. Topics are covered in increasing order of complexity from solo mode, peer-to-peer, centralized-style, and ultimately distributed-style. The book also covers advanced subjects such as integration with collaborative environments and other version control systems, as well as using Bazaar programmatically and creating plugins. This book will help you gain solid knowledge about version control and enable you to use Bazaar effectively in your projects.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the core principles of version control
- Learn all the version control operations and how to use them effectively
- Understand the simple intuition that is consistently behind all the operations in Bazaar, enabling you to perform from simple to advanced operations easily and confidently
- Put any project under version control right now and start tracking your changes
- Collaborate with others, whether in a peer-to-peer, centralized-style, or decentralized-style workflow
- Learn how to combine basic workflows in order to create more complex custom workflows best suited for your team and project
- Combine the command-line interface and the graphical interface effectively, using whichever is best suited for a given purpose
- Integrate Bazaar with collaborative tools such as Launchpad, Trac, Bugzilla, Redmine, and others
- Use Bazaar together with other version control systems such as Subversion or Git