Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments is published by Packt Publishing in May 2012. This book has 414 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849517744.
Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments will teach you how to efficiently and effectively ensure the security posture of environments that have been secured using IDS/IPS, firewalls, network segmentation, hardened system configurations and more. The stages of a penetration test are clearly defined and addressed using step-by-step instructions that you can follow on your own virtual lab.
You’ll learn how to clean up and compile proof of concept, exploit code from the web, advanced web application testing techniques, client side attacks, post exploitation strategies, detection avoidance methods, generation of well defined reports and metrics, and setting up a penetration testing virtual lab that mimics a secured environment.
- Learn how to perform an efficient, organized, and effective penetration test from start to finish
- Gain hands-on penetration testing experience by building and testing a virtual lab environment that includes commonly found security measures such as IDS and firewalls
- Take the challenge and perform a virtual penetration test against a fictional corporation from start to finish and then verify your results by walking through step-by-step solutions
- Detailed step-by-step guidance on managing testing results and writing clearly organized and effective penetration testing reports
- Properly scope your penetration test to avoid catastrophe
- Understand in detail how the testing process works from start to finish, not just how to use specific tools
- Use advanced techniques to bypass security controls and remain hidden while testing
- Create a segmented virtual network with several targets, IDS and firewall
- Generate testing reports and statistics
- Perform an efficient, organized, and effective penetration test from start to finish