Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Integration and OA Framework Development and Extension Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in March 2013. This book has 398 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849687126.
A practical step-by-step guide to develop end-to-end extensions to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, with detailed illustrations and explanations
- Gain key skills learning to extend Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12
- Learn how to personalize Oracle Application Framework (OAF) pages and understand the structure of an OA Framework page
- Set up a JDeveloper with OA Framework extension and configure a development environment
- Develop OA Framework pages with advanced features such as a simple query page and master detail page
Oracle’s suite of applications is used by many major businesses and public sector organizations throughout the world. Oracle E-Business Suite is the most comprehensive suite of integrated, global business applications that enable organizations to make better decisions, reduce costs, and increase performance. The book will show you how to build different types of extensions with different toolsets. It will take you from start to finish with fully working examples.
This book will show readers a wide variety of step-by-step examples of how to extend Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 in a number of areas. The book focuses on OA Framework personalization and development, WebADI, and BI Publisher. It will take readers through the process of how to get started and what tools are needed. It will explain how to develop working examples and how to deploy them within Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.
Learn how to extend Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Release 12, using detailed examples to work through how various components are configured and how we can extend standard functionality. The book focuses on OA Framework personalization and development, desktop integration (formerly WebADI), and BI Publisher and each chapter will introduce the topic before going through working examples from start to finish. There are plenty of detailed illustrations throughout each chapter giving clear instructions of what we are doing and why. Each topic will develop a solution that will utilize common core components of a subject area. It focuses on starting an extension right from the beginning to deploying it within E-Business Suite. At the end of each chapter the reader will have a good understanding of what they need to do for each area to take away and start using it in practice.
Each chapter will detail how to build an extension in the supported manner and also comes with complete, fully tested code and scripts that can be downloaded.
What you will learn from this book
- Get an overview of the architecture of release 12; learn about the file system and where files need to go
- Gain an understanding of how we can personalize OA Framework pages in Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
- Gain an understanding of the architecture of an OA Framework page
- Install JDeveloper with OA Extension and set up a development environment
- Deploy an OA Framework page in Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) and run it through the application
- Learn how to use BI Publisher for authoring, managing, and delivering highly-formatted documents
- Create BI Publisher template files and then distribute populated templates to the file system and via email
- Learn to configure a browser and MS office settings in preparation for use with desktop integrator