The Professional Scrum Master’s Handbook is published by Packt Publishing in April 2013. This book has 336 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849688024.
A natural and difficult tension exists between a project team (supply) and its customer (demand); a professional ScrumMaster relaxes this tension using the Scrum framework so that the team arrives at the best possible outcome. The Professional ScrumMaster’s Handbook is a practical, no-nonsense guide to helping you become an inspiring and effective ScrumMaster known for getting results.
This book goes into great detail about why it seems like you’re fighting traditional management culture every step of the way. You will explore the three roles of Scrum and how, working in harmony, they can deliver a product in the leanest way possible. You’ll understand that even though there is no room for a project manager in Scrum, there are certain “management” aspects you should be familiar with to help you along the way. Getting a team to manage itself and take responsibility is no easy feat; this book will show you how to earn trust by displaying it and inspiring courage in a team every day.
The Professional ScrumMaster’s Handbook will challenge you to dig deep within yourself to improve your mindset, practices, and values in order to build and support the very best agile teams.
What you will learn
- Create and maintain an impediment backlog to support continuous improvement for you, your team, and your organization
- How to tell the difference between an obstacle and a true constraint
- Create a culture transition map to help your team and organization deliver quickly and flexibly
- Work through exercises to help co-workers and management discover for themselves a new way of approaching tasks
- Align your actions to the Scrum values every day
- Facilitate “lean” meetings – light and quick, yet effective