Oracle Database and PowerShell How-to is published by Packt Publishing in January 2013. This book has 80 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849688581.
Utilize the power of Microsoft’s powerful scripting engine to automate database tasks with Oracle from PowerShell
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Load Oracle Data Access components and connect to Oracle databases.
- Retrieve, format, filter, and export data.
- Execute database procedures and modify database objects
- Build Oracle script libraries and run automated, unattended scripts
PowerShell provides a rich, object-oriented scripting language that can be used to perform a number of Oracle database tasks. It can be harnessed to automate manual tasks in graphical database management systems or go beyond what can be done in Oracle-only command line shells.
Oracle and PowerShell will walk you through scripting a number of common Oracle database tasks with real-world code examples and detailed explanations so you can automate operations without manual labor or writing custom utility applications.
This book will start with accessing Oracle and retrieving and modifying data, and will build up to more involved operations, building a reusable script library along the way.
You will also see how to execute and modify database procedures from PowerShell, run unattended, scheduled scripts, and automate database deployments using Oracle command line tools from PowerShell. Finally you will learn how to tap into a powerful library in Oracle’s Developer Tools and visualize Oracle data using Microsoft’s Charting library.
In the Oracle Database and PowerShell How-to you’ll learn all the major building blocks for automating Oracle database tasks using Microsoft’s rich scripting language.
What you will learn from this book
- Different ways to access Oracle from PowerShell such as ODP.NET.
- Various PowerShell tips, techniques, and samples.
- Visualize data using graphical charting tools.
- Executing and modifying database procedures.
- Running scripts in a scheduled, automated fashion with error handling.
- Automating SQL*Plus from PowerShell for complex SQL execution.
- Harnessing Oracle Developer Tools’ rich Oracle library.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. This How-To guide is full of hands-on examples to get your databases automated in no time, with easy to follow code that will prove useful time and time again.
Who this book is written for
If you are a .NET developer using an Oracle Database or a regular Oracle Database user this book is full of helpful hints and tricks to automate Oracle Databases with Powershell.