Oracle ADF Faces Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 406 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849689229.
Oracle ADF is an ADF view framework that consists of over 150 Ajax-enabled JavaServer Faces (JSF) components. It is comparable to the jQuery User Interface library as it helps developers to build exciting User Interfaces for Java EE apps. Oracle ADF Faces 12c can be used to create scalable, reactive, and stunning user experiences.
This book covers the latest version of Oracle ADF Faces 12c and explains not only the basics of different ADF Faces components, but also how to use them to create a stunning looking application and improve it by using the Visualization components to enrich the user experience. The book starts with simple recipes by teaching you how to create your first ADF Faces application. It then moves on to introduce more advanced Oracle ADF components, Layouts, ADF Skinning, ADF Data Visualization components, ADF events, validation and conversion, and partial page rendering.
This book also covers different techniques to create reactive applications like Polling, Push, and the WebSocket protocol. Finally, this book also provides all the recipes you need to fine-tune the performance of ADF Faces web applications and to ensure you create your applications for reuse.
Who This Book Is For
If you are an ADF developer who wants to harness the power of Oracle ADF Faces to create exceptional user interfaces and reactive applications, this book will provide you with the recipes needed to do just that. You will not need to be familiar with Oracle ADF Faces, but you should be comfortable with Java application development, Java EE frameworks, and JSF. This book is also for ADF developers who know how to use Oracle ADF Faces but who want to know what’s new in Oracle ADF Faces 12c.
What You Will Learn
- Understand what Oracle ADF Faces is and what it is used for
- Explore different approaches to present and search your data
- Learn about common ADF Faces components
- Get to know about Oracle ADF Faces layout components and page templates
- Master ADF Skins with the power of SASS and Compass
- Learn about different ADF Faces Data Visualization components
- Handle different components, events, and partial page rendering effectively
- Learn how to use validators and converters
- Create reactive applications using different approaches such as Polling, Push, and the WebSocket protocol