jQuery Game Development Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in April 2013. This book has 244 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849695060.
“jQuery Game Development Essentials” will teach you how to use the environment, language, and framework that you’re familiar with in an entirely new way so that you can create beautiful and addictive games. With concrete examples and detailed technical explanations you will learn how to apply game development techniques in a highly practical context.
What you will learn from this book
- Create sprite-based, multi-platform games using the latest web standards and jQuery .
- Use powerful techniques directly from the games industry to make your own games harness stunning visual effects without compromising on performance .
- Learn how you can develop real-time multiplayer games and integrate them with social networks.
- Overcome the limitations of mobile browsers allowing you to take full advantage of their various features with minimum hassle .
- Develop a platformer, an arcade game, or even your very own RPG with jQuery at the core.
- Discover how you can easily implement features like parallax scrolling .
- Utilize your existing skills in jQuery in a fun and exciting new context.
Written as a concise yet practical guide with an explicit focus on utilizing jQuery for game development, you’ll learn how to create stunning games that look great – without the hassle of learning about a complex game engine in the process.
Who this book is written for