Instant Axure RP Starter is published by Packt Publishing in January 2013. This book has 70 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1849695169.
Start prototyping your first Axure RP project the easy way
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Helping you learn the fundamentals of Axure RP, while making prototypes
- Focus on only the most important features, saving you time and helping you to start using Axure RP immediately.
- Providing you with essential resources that will help you become an Axure master
User interface prototyping is here and it is quickly becoming the fundamental aspect of a web designer’s “deliverables”. Prototyping is the single most cost effective means to track usability problems, before you begin investing in visual design or coding. Axure RP is the industry’s foremost prototyping tool, and this book will help you quickly become an Axure master.
“Instant Axure RP Starter” is a practical, introductory guide that will take you step-by-step through the most important features of Axure RP, and how to start prototyping with it. It will expertly guide you through all the essential processes you need to know to start using Axure RP, as well as laying foundations for more advanced use of Axure.
The book starts by describing the UI design revolution, what has changed in the industry, and how you can best adapt your workflow to keep pace with these changes. It will guide you through installing an Axure environment, and how to equip it with the right widgets.
With this book, terms like “widget libraries”, “dynamic panels”, “page masters”, and “interaction logic” will become second-nature to you within a matter of hours. “Instant Axure RP Starter” also includes a detailed description of how to prototype a few common design patterns such as the module tabs pattern and the extensively used carousel.
After just ten short steps, you will have your first website up and running. The book will then help you in honing your skills by prototyping some common design patterns.
What you will learn from this book
- Incorporate Axure into your existing design flow with minimal adjustments
- Gear-up your workspace with the best widget libraries, to help you work more efficiently
- Use sitemap hierarchy and master pages to help you reuse design concepts
- Understand the power of dynamic panels and how to start using them the right way
- Control widget styles to help with design ideas
- Publish your prototype and share it among clients and friends, for free
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A Starter guide designed to help get you setup and using Axure RP as quickly as possible.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers looking to start using Axure RP to create prototypes and maximize their work flow efficiency. Written by a UI design expert, the reader does not need any particular level of technical ability to start using Axure RP almost immediately.