Murach’s ASP.NET 4.6 Web Programming with C# 2015 is published by Mike Murach & Associates in July 2016. This book has 926 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1890774950.
If you know the basics of C#, you’re ready to learn to develop server-side web applications with ASP.NET Web Forms…and that’s where this book comes in:
- Section 1 is a quick-start course in creating your first ASP.NET Web Forms applications using Visual Studio, with coverage of what HTML5/CSS3 and Bootstrap are doing on the client side…a course that works both for beginners and for experienced web developers who are new to ASP.NET
- Section 2 gives you the skills you need for every web application…like how to use the server controls, validate user entries, manage state, use master pages, make ASP.NET work with Bootstrap for responsive layouts, and use friendly URLs
- Section 3 presents the skills you need for developing database-driven web applications at a professional level…including how to use SQL data sources, object data sources, and model binding and the Entity Framework with ASP.NET data controls like GridView, DetailsView, FormView, and ListView
- Section 4 covers skills that enhance your professionalism…like how to develop secure web pages, authenticate users with ASP.NET Identity, send email, control the use of the Back button, and deploy finished applications
- Section 5 takes you to the next level by showing you how to use ASP.NET Ajax, how to develop WCF and Web API services, and how ASP.NET MVC programming differs from Web Forms programming
To make it easier for you to master ASP.NET, you get complete web applications…including the web forms, the aspx code, and the C# code…that show you how each feature works in context. (You can download these for free from the Murach website.) You get chapter exercises that let you practice your new skills. And you get Murach’s distinctive paired-pages format that developers like because it saves both training and reference time.