Bulletproof SSL and TLS is published by Feisty Duck in August 2014. This book has 530 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1907117046.
Bulletproof SSL and TLS is a complete guide to using SSL and TLS encryption to deploy secure servers and web applications. Written by Ivan Ristic, the author of the popular SSL Labs web site, this book will teach you everything you need to know to protect your systems from eavesdropping and impersonation attacks.
In this book, you’ll find just the right mix of theory, protocol detail, vulnerability and weakness information, and deployment advice to get your job done:
- Comprehensive coverage of the ever-changing field of SSL/TLS and Internet PKI, with updates to the digital version
- For IT security professionals, help to understand the risks
- For system administrators, help to deploy systems securely
- For developers, help to design and implement secure web applications
- Practical and concise, with added depth when details are relevant
- Introduction to cryptography and the latest TLS protocol version
- Discussion of weaknesses at every level, covering implementation issues, HTTP and browser problems, and protocol vulnerabilities
- Coverage of the latest attacks, such as BEAST, CRIME, BREACH, Lucky 13, RC4 biases, Triple Handshake Attack, and Heartbleed
- Thorough deployment advice, including advanced technologies, such as Strict Transport Security, Content Security Policy, and pinning
- Guide to using OpenSSL to generate keys and certificates and to create and run a private certification authority
- Guide to using OpenSSL to test servers for vulnerabilities
- Practical advice for secure server configuration using Apache httpd, IIS, Java, Nginx, Microsoft Windows, and Tomcat