Google Drive and Docs in 30 Minute is published by In 30 Minutes Guides in January 2015. This book has 118 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1939924315.
The top-selling guide to Google’s free online office suite is now available in a revised and expanded second edition! Thirty minutes is all you’ll need to get up to speed with Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, the free online alternative to Microsoft Office. Millions of people use Google’s office suite every day. You can use Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides to perform the following tasks:
- Write letters and reports
- Crunch numbers and create online data entry forms
- Give presentations
- Collaborate online with classmates and colleagues
- Convert Microsoft Office documents to Google formats, and vice versa
- Print documents, drawings, and spreadsheets
- Export PDFs
- Make pie charts, bar charts, and simple tables
- Publish documents and spreadsheets online
After covering registration, file creation and other basics, Google Drive and Docs In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition) zeroes in on the most important time-saving tips and productivity tools. Highlights include:
- Converting files between Microsoft Office and Google formats.
- Best practices for organizing files in Google Drive.
- What to expect with collaboration and sharing.
- The pros and cons of Google’s mobile apps for Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Accessing older versions of files.
- How to publish your documents to the Web for colleagues or members of the public to view.
- Functions, sorting and filtering in Google Sheets (with examples).
- Using Web Forms to gather data.
- Google Slides: Is it a suitable alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint?
- Working with offline files.
- Downloading third-party apps.