Core Data by Tutorials [PDF + Code] is published by Razeware LLC in December 2016. This book has 250 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1942878261.
Take control of your data in iOS apps using Core Data, through a series of high quality hands-on tutorials.
Start with with the basics like setting up your own Core Data Stack all the way to advanced topics like syncing with iCloud, migration, performance, multithreading, and more! By the end of this book, you’ll have hands-on experience with Core Data and will be ready to use it in your own apps.
Who This Book Is For:This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development but want to learn how to use Core Data to save data in their apps.
Topics Covered in Core Data by Tutorials:
- Your First Core Data App: You’ll click File\New Project and write a Core Data app from scratch!
- NSManagedObject Subclasses: Learn how to create your own subclasses of NSManagedObject – the base data storage class in Core Data.
- The Core Data Stack: Learn how the main objects in Core Data work together, so you can move from the starter Xcode template to your own system.
- Intermediate Fetching: This chapter covers how to fetch data with Core Data – fetch requests, predicates, sorting and asynchronous fetching.
- NSFetchedResultsController: Learn how to make Core Data play nicely with table views using NSFetchedResultsController!
- Versioning and Migration: In this chapter, you’ll learn how to migrate your user’s data as they upgrade through different versions of your data model.
- Synchronize with iCloud: Learn how to make your apps synchronize across devices, using the power of iCloud!
- Unit Tests: In this chapter, you’ll learn how to set up a test environment for Core Data and see examples of how to test your models.
- Measuring and Boosting Performance: Learn how to measure your app’s performance with various Xcode tools and deal with slow spots in your code.
- Multiple Managed Object Contexts: Learn how multiple managed object contexts can improve performance and make for cleaner code.
The iOS Tutorial Team takes pride in making sure each tutorial we write holds to the highest standards of quality. We want our tutorials to be well written, easy to follow, and fun. And we don’t want to just skim the surface of a subject – we want to really dig into it, so you can truly understand how it works and apply the knowledge directly in your own apps.