Rails 5 Revealed is published by Apress in April 2016. This book has 82 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-8571395541.
This short early adopter book details both how you’ll upgrade existing web and other applications from Rails 4.2 to 5 and how to create new applications in Rails 5.
The headline features, Rails API and ActionCable, are each looked at in detail, building small example projects to demonstrate how to build a JSON API, add real-time notifications to a page and how to create a single-page application.
All the breaking changes are shown, along with how to fix your app to work with the new API, and the improvements to ActiveRecord and the testing framework are fully detailed.
After reading and using this book, you’ll be poised to move forward with building your apps with the new Rails 5 as it stands now and when it finalizes.
What You’ll Learn
- What are the new changes to Rails 5 and how to upgrade from Rails 4.2
- How to use the new Ruby Persistence tool/framework, ActiveRecord
- How to handle test framework changes
- What are the latest Rails API and how to employ them
- What is and how to use the new ActionCable