Learning Node.js is published by Addison-Wesley Professional in June 2013. This book has 304 pages in English, ISBN-13 9780321910578.
Node.js makes it far easier to create fast, compact, and reliable web/network applications and web servers, and is rapidly becoming indispensable to modern web developers.
You’ll start by installing and running Node.js, understanding the extensions it uses, and quickly writing your first app. Next, building on the basics, you’ll write more capable application servers and extend them with today’s most powerful Node.js tools and modules. Finally, you’ll discover today’s best practices for testing, running Node.js code on production servers, and writing command-line utilities.
Throughout the book, author Marc Wandschneider teaches by walking you line-by-line through carefully crafted examples, demonstrating proven techniques for creating highly efficient applications and servers.
- Master Node.js nonblocking IO and async programming
- Handle more requests and increase your application’s flexibility
- Use and write your own modules
- Perform common JSON/web server tasks
- Use browsers to generate pages on the fly via Ajax calls and template libraries
- Simplify development with the express framework
- Create database back-ends using popular NoSQL and relational databases
- Deploy and run Node.js apps on Unix/OS X or Windows servers
- Take advantage of multiprocessor hardware
- Support virtual hosts and SSL/HTTPS security
- Test Node.js programs that mix synchronous, async, and RESTful server API functionality