Microsoft Virtualization Secrets is published by Wiley in July 2012. This book has 552 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781118293164.
Unbeatable advice and expert tips for evaluating, designing, and deploying virtualization solutions
If you’re an IT professional, you know that virtualization is essential in today’s computer infrastructures. This valuable reference is your key to all things Microsoft virtualization. Written by a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), it breaks down all the various technologies, what they mean to your organization in terms of saving money and solving problems, and how to design and deploy various solutions effectively.
You’ll find invaluable tips and information on such topics as Hyper-V, the changes that Windows 8 brings, private cloud scenarios, and more.
- Written by well-known 11-time Microsoft MVP, Windows expert, and Microsoft insider, John Savill
- Provides practical advice and expert insights on understanding, evaluating, designing, and deploying virtualization solutions
- Keeps you up to date with how Windows 8 and Windows Server “8” affect your virtualization processes
- Covers virtualization in all its forms–machine, application, and user
- Explores the private cloud and public cloud and what they mean to your organization
- Focuses on Microsoft solutions such as Hyper-V, but also delves into Citrix, Quest software, AppSense, and other Microsoft partner solutions
- Discusses bringing your own device requirements through VDI and session virtualization and which one is right
- Features video demonstrations and walkthroughs of some processes
Microsoft Virtualization Secrets is like having a built-in Microsoft expert on hand to help you avoid mistakes and save time!