Learn Design for iOS Development is published by Apress in December 2013. This book has 160 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781430263647.
Learn Design for iOS Development is for you if you’re an iOS developer and you want to design your own apps to look great and be in tune with the latest Apple guidelines. You’ll learn how to design your apps to work with the exciting new iOS 7 look and feel, which your users expect within their latest apps.
Learn Design for iOS Development guides you through the design processes that you can apply to design your own apps brilliantly. We’ll start at the idea stages of your apps, and you’ll see how you can analyze and apply the right design patterns for every app you are coding, use wireframing tools to take your ideas forward, and use Photoshop to create the visual assets you want to look great in your app.
You’ll understand why Apple have made the decisions they’ve made with the new iOS 7 interface and new HIG guidelines, and from that insight you’ll be able to vision and create your own apps, on iPhones and iPads, that work perfectly within the new iOS 7 interface.
What you’ll learn
- How to build apps that work within the exciting new iOS 7 design paradigm
- How to design great looking apps that your users will find a pleasure to use
- The deeper design elements you can apply to your apps
- What is and how to use Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG)
- How to go beyond Apple’s HIG guidelines to create innovative apps
- Design pattern basics and how you can use them
- How to use wireframes to create your app
- How to use Adobe Photoshop to create the visual assets for your apps
- How to create your app’s icon and additional graphics for the App Store
- Extra considerations for iPad app design considerations
- Common design best practices and mistakes
Who this book is for
This book is for iOS developers who know that they can code well, but want to know how they can build apps to also have brilliant designs. This book is also a guide for all iOS app developers who want their apps to look contemporary within the new iOS 7 interface guidelines.