Using Windows 8.1: Return of the Start Button is published by Apress in December 2013. This book has 136 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781430266792.
Using Windows 8.1 is the essential step by step guide to using a computer running Windows 8, providing a complete resource for both the beginner and the enthusiast.
Techniques are illustrated in step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to Windows.
Whether you have just bought your first computer, laptop or are a keen computer user who has just upgraded to Windows 8, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like a pro.
What you’ll learn
- Setting up your computer,
- Navigating around the windows 8 interface
- A tour of Windows 8’s features, menus and utilities
- Transferring your files from your old machine
- Keeping your machine safe from viruses
- Backing up your important data so it doesn’t get lost
- Antivirus and internet safety
- Watching videos, listening to music
- Keeping appointments with calendar
- New features in Windows 8.1
- Daily common tasks you can do with Windows 8
- Organizing your favourite music into playlists, onto your iPod or burning a CD to play in the car.
- Storing, organizing and manipulating your precious photos into albums or slideshows to show to friends or make precious memories.
- And more…
Who this book is for
This book is for those users new to Windows 8.1, coming from Windows 8, Windows 7 or even new to Windows altogether.