Using Mac OS X Mavericks is published by Apress in December 2013. This book has 128 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781430266822.
Using Mac OS Mavericks is the essential guide to using a computer running Mavericks, providing a complete resource for both the beginner and the enthusiast.
Techniques are step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to Apple Macs.
Whether you have just bought your first Mac, switched from Windows, or are a keen computer user, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a Mac like a pro.
What you’ll learn
- New features in mavericks
- Setting up your Mac,
- The interface, docs, finders,
- Dashboards and widgets
- Mac App Store, iCloud and spotlight
- Security considerations
- Keeping your data safe
- The time machine backup system
- Setting up wifi, internet and email
- Creating stunning presentations,
- Writing beautiful looking documents,
- Organising your favourite music into playlists, onto your iPod or burning a CD to play in the car.
- Storing, organising and manipulating your photos
- Creating photo albums and slideshows
- Editing your home movies using iMovie
- And more.
Who this book is for
This book is for those who are new to Mac OS X Mavericks and even to those who may be new to Mac OS altogether.