Building Web Apps with WordPress is published by O'Reilly Media in April 2014. This book has 462 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781449364076.
The authors use examples from their recently released SchoolPress app to explain concepts and techniques throughout the book. All code examples are available on GitHub.
- Compare WordPress with traditional app development frameworks
- Use themes for views, and plugins for backend functionality
- Get suggestions for choosing WordPress plugins—or build your own
- Manage user accounts and roles, and access user data
- Build asynchronous behaviors in your app with jQuery
- Develop native apps for iOS and Android, using wrappers
- Incorporate PHP libraries, external APIs, and web service plugins
- Collect payments through ecommerce and membership plugins
- Use techniques to speed up and scale your WordPress app