Test-Driven Development with Python is published by O'Reilly Media in June 2014. This book has 480 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781449364823.
By taking you through the development of a real web application from beginning to end, this hands-on guide demonstrates the practical advantages of test-driven development (TDD) with Python. You’ll learn how to write and run tests before building each part of your app, and then develop the minimum amount of code required to pass those tests. The result? Clean code that works.
In the process, you’ll learn the basics of Django, Selenium, Git, jQuery, and Mock, along with current web development techniques. If you’re ready to take your Python skills to the next level, this book clearly demonstrates how TDD encourages simple designs and inspires confidence.
- Dive into the TDD workflow, including the unit test/code cycle and refactoring
- Use unit tests for classes and functions, and functional tests for user interactions within the browser
- Learn when and how to use mock objects, and the pros and cons of isolated vs. integrated tests
- Test and automate your deployments with a staging server
- Apply tests to the third-party plugins you integrate into your site
- Use a Continuous Integration environment to run your tests automatically