You Don’t Know JS: this & Object Prototypes is published by O'Reilly Media in July 2014. This book has 174 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781491904152.
With this book you will:
- Explore how the this binding points to objects based on how the function is called
- Look into the nature of JS objects and why you’d need to point to them
- Learn how developers use the mixin pattern to fake classes in JS
- Examine how JS’s prototype mechanism forms links between objects
- Learn how to move from class/inheritance design to behavior delegation
- Understand how the OLOO (objects-linked-to-other-objects) coding style naturally implements behavior delegation