Creating Apps in Kivy: Mobile with Python is published by O'Reilly Media in April 2014. This book has 140 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781491946671.
Build mobile apps efficiently with Kivy, the Python-powered graphical toolkit for creating natural user interfaces with elegant multitouch support. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn step-by-step how to build and deploy a complete Kivy app for iOS and Android devices. If you’re just beginning to work with Python, but are reasonably familiar with its syntax, you’re ready to go.
Each chapter includes exercises, using examples that run on Python 3 and Python 2.7. Learn how Kivy simplifies mobile development with its cross-platform API and domain-specific Kv language, and why this free and open source toolkit is ideal for commercial products.
- Design custom widgets with the Kv language
- Delve into Kivy events, event handlers, and properties
- Dynamically change which Kivy widgets are displayed
- Understand and apply iterative development principles
- Create basic animations, using Canvas and graphics primitives
- Store local data with Kivy’s powerful key value store
- Add basic gestures to switch between app views
- Improve your app’s usability with Kivy’s built-in widgets
- Deploy the app to your Android or iOS device, using Buildozer