Sencha Touch is a versatile HTML5-based framework for developing mobile web apps. Sencha Touch 2 has raised the bar for developing rich mobile web applications with HTML5. Using this framework you can develop mobile web apps that look and feel like native apps on iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile. It is built for enabling world-class user experiences.
What you will learn from this book
- Make use of technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3 to provide native-quality application experiences without the need for plugins
- Create a sample application using Sencha Touch that will run on Apple iOS, Google Android, BlackBerry 10, and Windows Phone
- Use the list of components available in the Sencha Touch framework libraries such as tab panels, scrollable list views, and toolbars
- Add custom touch events such as tap, double tap, swipe, tap and hold, pinch, and rotate
- Discover the rich event communication that is available in every Sencha Touch component, allowing you to quickly respond to your users and create intuitive, native quality applications
- Control the look of your application with Sencha Touch themes and styling options
- Put together simple components quickly, backed by the data package
- Allow your users to store information with forms, or access remote information from other services like Google maps and Flickr
Full of explained code and enriched with screenshots, this book is the practical way to take your Sencha Touch skills to the next level.
Who this book is written for
If you want to gain practical knowledge for using the Sencha Touch mobile web application framework, and you are familiar with HTML and CSS, then this book is for you. It is assumed that you know how to use touchscreens, touch events, and mobile devices such as Apple iOS and Google Android.